Thank you so much!
Well, now I’m not really working on losing weight actively. I’m just maintaining and enjoying summer. But when I was on hardcore weight loss mode (healthy, but working hard) I simply created routines that became my normal daily life and kept in mind my goals and why I was doing this.
My weekly routines were more or less like this:
- All meals should consist on: mostly veggies, small portion of carbs (whenever possible complex carbs like whole wheat bread or brown rice instead of white bread or white rice), lean proteins, and a piece of fruit.
- Have 2-3 snacks between meals but always healthy (fruits, nuts, rice cakes with PB, …)
- Exercise 5-6 times a week (*always* mix cardio and strength training)
- Drink a lot of water.
- Don’t make a big deal of eating treats. (when you obsess over food or eating “things you shouldn’t” you end developing a bad relationship with food, which tends to lead to eating less the days after and then overeating because your body is hungry)
- Have fun eating! Look up recipes for healthy versions of desserts you like, go to the grocery store and try that fruit you never ate before, or buy those vegan cookies some coffee store sells and you think look awesome, try new smoothies recipes… so on.
For sticking to it (which is hard for everyone at some point) some thing that helped me were:
- The feel you get when the scale number goes down, or your measures get smaller or someone compliments your weight loss. Accomplishment is addictive.
- Rewards system. Set some long-term goals and a reward for when you achieve it. It doesn’t have to be a scale goal. For example: when I manage to talk 6 miles in less than 1 hour, when I manage to do 50 sit ups non stop, when I eat 100% clean for a week, … so on. The harder to achieve, the biggest the reward.
- Keep your goals in mind: Why are you doing this? What made you finally decide to lose weight and work hard on it? Why do you want to be healthier (if weight loss isn’t your main goal)??
- Haters are fuel: If someone mocks you when you exercise, if someone from your family keeps commenting on how they don’t believe you will achieve your goals, if you have ever been called fat or insulted because of it … all those comments that could bring you down or make you feel like giving up should be used as fuel instead. Prove them wrong, make yourself proud. Rub your progress on their stupid faces.
And that’s about it for me. Of course, this is all based on my own experience and journal. It’s different for everyone.
Thank you so much! This is so sweet of you.
Thank you so much.
I have a slightly case of loose skin in my inner thighs and lower tummy. Not when I stand, but when I bend over my lower tummy is a lil bit loose, and my inner thighs wiggle when I run or skate.
But nothing major, to be honest. I think it’s more me focusing on it than it being a problem at all.
It’s different for everyone tho. Some people lose a lot less and get more loose skin than I did, some people lose more and get no loose skin at all, so on… a lot of factors influence this. Age, genetics, strength training, having a good routine to keep your skin hydrated, … so on.
It’s at times like this when I’m thankful for having such an amazing soulmate.
It’s times like this when it hits me that it’s him the only thing keeping me sane at the moment.
Can’t help but find this t shirt design amusing whenever I see it.
If you focus on the pinkish background it looks like a women body… where castiel’s head is right between her labia.
Excited! I’m trying to make steamed buns and chinese bread for the first time ever.
*A* om nom nom
1. had sex?
2. bought condoms?
3. gotten pregnant?
4. failed a class?
5. kissed a boy?
6. kissed a girl?
7. had a job?
8. left the house without my wallet?
9. bullied someone on the internet?
11. had sex in public?
12. smoked weed?
13. smoked cigarettes?
14. smoked a cigar?
15. drank alcohol?
16. been to a wedding?
17. been on the computer for 5 hours straight?
18. watched tv for 5 hours straight?
19. been late for school?
20. kissed in the rain?
21. showered with someone else?
22. been outside my home country?
23. been on a road trip longer than 5 hours?
24. had lice?
25. gotten my heart broken?
26. had a credit card?
27. been to a professional sports game?
28. broken a bone?
29. been unhappy about my weight?
30. won a trophy?
31. cut myself?
32. been on a diet?
33. rode in a taxi?
34. stayed up for 24 hours or more?
35. been to a concert?
36. had a crush on someone of the same sex?
37. had braces?
38. wore make up?
39. lost my virginity before I was 16?
40. kissed someone a different race than myself?
41. Snuck out of the house?
42. had oral sex?
43. dyed my hair?
44. met someone famous?
45. been on vacation?
46. been on a boat?
47. been on an airplane?
48. prank called someone?
49. taken a pregnancy test?
50. been suspended from school?